woensdag 16 mei 2012

N°94 LAURA MARLING - ALL MY RAGE


I’ll stick with rage for the next song and anlthough I never heared of Laura Marling I’ll try and put together some information about her.

As I learend along the way Laura Marling can be put in the same corner as Mumford and Sons or Noah and The Whale because she’s also part of the London folkscene. Strange enough that I never heared of her then since I kind of like these two bands. She also received a Brit Award in 2011 for best female solo artist. It says enough that Adele won that award this year. 


At an early age she learned to play the guitar and since her father owned a recording studio it was easy for her to record her first self wrote songs. At the age of 16 she ended up with the band Noah and The Whale (ok I knew the band but not Miss Marling, excuse me !!!) and at the same age her first ep was born holding the title London Town. Only two year later followed her first full album ‘Alas I Cannot Swim’, later nomited for a Mercury Music Price. She left Noah and The Whale shortly after as she left it’s lead singer Charlie Fink to whom she was romantically involved at the time.

A second studio album was recorded in 2010 and this album also got nominated for a Mercury Music Prize. I Speak Because I Can didn’t win either although it received the best critics. In between both albums she started touring with Mumford and Sons. Mumford himself accopagnied her several times on guitar. Tah same year she appeared on a nep with four songs recorded by herself, Mumford and Sons and Dharohar Project.

A Creature I Don’t Know; her third album was released last year and is as strong as the two albums she created before. Her music style can be described as folk, nu-folk, indie, … and I might put her in my playlists from now on.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten