zaterdag 5 maart 2011

N°9 ALANIS MORISSETTE - 21 THINGS I WANT IN A LOVER

Since both Chris Rock (the 13th apostel) and Alanis Morissette (God) have a part in the movie Dogma both of them could be linked together.

Not everyone loves her music and actually it tookk me a while to catch the hype of her album Jagged Little Pill in 1995. But I've changed my mind about the complete album and I think that cd contains some really great songs, and I don't mean the obvious song Ironic since everyone knows that song.

Alanis is a Canadian (NEXT LINK - spoiler I know haha) singer songwriter with Hungarian blood. Her parents wanted to name het Alan if she was a boy so they found a female version of that name. Her first album Alanis has som catchy danspop sounds, not anything you would expect listening to her later albums. A bit ashamed of that period I guess since she'll never release that album again. Then again she was only 17 years old at the time being. Her second album wasn't as succesfull as her first so she decided to sign for Maverick, Madonna's private record label and she instantly became one of the most important artists for that label.

In 1995 she releases her first really succesfull album Jagged Little Pill which was full of selfconscious lyrics. This album made her win 5 Grammy awards in total. On a hiking trip through India she got inspired for a fourth even more succesfull album called Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. Three more albums would follow with a bit happier music than her previous ones but these were a bit less succesfull then the two I named.

As mentioned above she was asked to play the God part in the movie Dogma (a must see movie by the way) and she also appears on the soundtrack of that same movie with a single called Still. Another must see movie is City Of Angels for which she wrote the song Uninvited. She also got a Golden Globe nomination for her soundtrack Wunderkind in the movie Chronicles of Narnia.

Since I don't really know her later albums I've chosen a song from Under Rug Swept, her 2002 album. Enjoy,

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten