woensdag 26 september 2012

N°123 DALEY - GAME OVER



Back in the eighties PacMan was my favourite video game. Unfortunately I encountered many Game Overs before reaching the ultimate level and finish it off. So far concerning the link. I wanted to link it into the Slovenian boys band Game Over but I could find any information on them so I left it with that and sought another solution with a song called Game Over. I’ve chosen the performance by Daley since his career started quite remarkably.

He’s an artist who writes his own songs but he didn’t know exactly how to make them public. That’s why he uploaded one of his tracks to the BBC recording studios. After listening to the track he was invited to do a live session for BBC Introducing and from that moment on he got broadcasted in the UK on national radio creating a little hype.

His voice matched perfectly with the Gorillaz theme and together with Damon Albarn he wrote ‘Doncamatic’. Gorillaz also asked him to lend his voice for that single which appeared on the Gorillaz album Plastic Beach. A strange begin of his career maybe but in 2011 Daley produced an online EP called Those Who Wait which got downloaded a lot in the UK. From this EP, Game Over is the first real single release, followed by other songs such as ‘Smoking Gun’ and ‘Spent’. That same period Wretch 32 release the album Black and White on which Daley appears as a guest artist on the single ‘Long way Home’.

I don’t know if he’s a one hit wonder or anything but I’m glad I almost worked myself out of trouble with my music link.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten