vrijdag 20 januari 2012

N°76 GUANO APES - BIG IN JAPAN

If anyone expected to hear Alphaville with Big in Japan I’m terribly sorry but I feel that the Guano Apes cover is way better than the original so here it is:

Guano Apes are a German rockband with a female lead singer (Sandra Nasic) who has a very sharp voice. Apart from Guano Apes she also delivered the vocals fora n Apocalyptica song but I can’t recall which one. I’ll have to go and search for it. All I know is that I think she a pretty good singer. Probably agressive undertone in her voice.
The band itself is a mixture of rap and metal. Sandra joined the band a little later than the still originals members and musicians. 1994 that is and it took them 3 years to create Proud Like A God, their first studio album. Their career got launched after they won a rock contest with their probably best known single Open Your Eyes. Must I say their first album contains the best known songs as there are also Lord of the Boards and Rain.
Later they’d produce a few more albums Don’t Give Me Names (2000), Walking on a Thin Line (2003) and Bel Air (2011) in between followed by two compilation albums. Big in Japan can be found on the second album and Living in a Lie is also on of the beauties.


The Guanos split up in 2005 since all of them wanted to go their own way and do their own thing in music. This is when Sandra caught up with that Apocaplyptica lyrics which I still can’t remember. I’ll get to it. She also release dan album of her own with little succes.
But they missed the band I guess and in 2009 some reunion concerts were given throughour Europe followed by writing on new songs. From this writing came a brand new album last year which already released 2 singles (Sunday Lover and Oh What A night). A third one is foreseen fort his year.
Now enjoy the Guano Apes !

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten