zaterdag 3 september 2011

N°48 LEO SAYER - WHEN I NEED YOU

Since no real link could be made I got stuck with Leo Sayer which isn't that bad at all. Leo certainly made a few good and well know songs such as this one. Not only When I Need You was a big hit int he UK and European charts but also You Make Me Feel Like Dancing or Thunder In My Heart were huge hits. This last one especially after the remix made by Meck which was an even greater (dance)hit in Europe. Leo Sayer is a seventies icon. That's for sure.


Sayer signed his first ever contract with my number 48 link Adam Faith in 1973 and Leo instantly scored with The Show Must Go On folowed by his 1974 ep called One Man Band. His You Make Me Feel Like Dancing won the 1978 grammy award for best R&B song. As you can read, music styles evolved heavily during the years beacause I wouldn't call that a typical R&B song nowadays. In act it wouldn't be nominated in that category I guess.

His career lasted untill 1984 but then the buzz silenced out quickly and even a nineties comeback failed completely. Only in 2006 Leo, who's name and haircut was linked with a lions manes, he made a little comeback due to Meck's remix of Thunder In My Heart.

Although UK born he nowadays is an Australian citizen since 2009 after moving to Sydney in 2005.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten