donderdag 18 augustus 2011

N°44 NIELS VAN GOGH - PULVERTURM

From Rembrandt to Van Gogh is only a very small step actually. Both grandmasters in the art of painting is the link I used. I find it well found actually.

Niels van Gogh, a German, deejay, is kind off an old icon of mine. Pulverturm is a classic in the dance scène and also this Doppelgänger is pretty well known. That was before my music style switched over to the more alternative style. Anyway, he still is a great DJ although I haven't followed it up the last ten years or so. This also is a bit like traveling back in time for me.


Niels Van Goghs career started back in 1994 as a small deejay on different major shows such as The Berlin Love Parade but his first album would only follow ten years later in 2004. Even that's six years after scoring a monster hit with Pulverturm. In 2006 a new album was released called Frequenzklang followed by some remix albums and a series of We Love Techno albums.

I was 22 when Pulverturm became a huge hit in 1998 and I must say I danced my guts out back then. Anyway my next link will have to be sought in the translation of the word Pulverturm, which is a ancient medeievel word for gunpowder. I hope I find the next link soon.

P.S. Apologies if updates appear at irregular times at the moment. Holidays and this weekends Pukkelpop have put this blog a little bit behind but that should be solved starting from next week on.

Greetings and enjoy

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten